Saturday, September 6, 2014

A Kiss In The Rain

One stormy morn I chanced to meet
A lassie in the town;
Her locks were like the ripened wheat,
Her laughing eyes were brown
I watched her as she tripped along
Till madness fined my brain,
And then-and then-I know 'twas wrong
I kissed her in the rain
With raindrops shining on her cheek
Like dewdrops on a rose,
The little lassie strove to speak,
My boldness to oppose;
She strove. in vain, and quivenng,
Her fingers stole in mine;
And then the birds began to sing,
The sun began to shine.
Oh, let the clouds grow dark above,
My heart is light 'below;
'Tis always summer when we love.
However winds may blow;
And I'm as proud as any prince,
All honors I disdain:
Sbe says I am, her rain beau since
1 kissed her in the rain.

SAMITEL MINTURN PECIt.

No comments:

Post a Comment