Sunday, July 20, 2014

Red River Valley

From this valley they say you are going, I shall miss your sweet face and your smile;
 Because you are weary and tired, You are changing your range for a while.
 I've been thinking a long time, my darling, Of the sweet words you never would say;
 Now, alas, must my fond hopes all vanish? For they say you are going away.

 Chorus:
 Then come sit here awhile e'er you leave us
, Do not hasten to bid us adieu,
Just remember the Red River Valley
And the cowboy who loves you so true.

 I have promised you, darling, that never Will words from my lips cause you pain;
 And my life it will be yours forever, If you only will love me again.
Must the past with its joys all be blighted By the future of sorrow and pain?
 Must the vows that were spoken be slighted? Don't you think you could love me again?

There never could be such a longing In the heart of a poor cowboy's breast,
As dwells in the heart you are breaking, As I wait in my home in the West.
Do you think of the valley you're leaving? Oh, how lonely and dreary it'll be!
 Do you think of the kind hearts you're hurting, And the pain you are causing to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment