Sunday, July 6, 2014

valentines poem Dear Abby

DEAR ABBY: Like many men, I often find myself reticent in the "I love you" department. So I wrote my wife the following poem for Valentine's Day to make up for it. – ROY HARRIS, NEW BOSTON, TEXAS

 DEAR ROY: Not all men have a way with words. I was touched by your sentiments, as I'm sure many of my readers will be.

WHAT MATTERS MOST OF ALL
 I go to work and pay the bills
 And mow the grass and such.
 But when it comes to loving,
 I'll admit that I'm not much.
 I usually buy you flowers
 On your very special days.
 I thought that it would make up
 For the words I didn't say.
 I told you that I'd love you
 Until the end of time.
And that I would let you know
 If I ever changed my mind.
 But that's not what you want to hear
 You need more than that
 You want burning passion, 
And I'm a little flat.
Life goes on, the days go by,
The months turn into years.
 Some are filled with laughter,
Some are filled with tears.
But one thing that will never change
 And that's my love for you.
 Although I don't express it,
 It's honest and it's true.
Lots of things that matter
 Some I can't recall,
But having you beside me
 Is what matters most of all.
I love you.
 Happy Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment