Saturday, August 16, 2014

Why I love

I love you, not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.
 I love you, not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me.
I love you for ignoring the possibilities of the fool in me and for laying firm hold of the possibilities of the good in me.
 I love you for closing your eyes to the discords in me, and for adding to the music in me by worshipful listening.
I love you because you are helping me to make of the lumber of my life, not a tavern, but a temple, and of the words of my every day, not a reproach, but a song.
 I love you because you have done more than any creed to make me happy. You have done it without a word, without a touch, without a sign. You have done it by just being yourself. Perhaps, after all, that is what love means.

 -Love Letters

No comments:

Post a Comment