Monday, August 25, 2014

Laughing Ones

I am so glad, I am so glad,
That all my bones are laughing.
My cheeks are red; my eyes are bright;
I jump and run with all my might;
I play all day and sleep all night,
And all my bones are laughing.

Like sword from sheath I spring from bed
And all my bones are laughing,
For all around me thrushes sing;
And all around are flowers of spring;
The world's so full of everything,
That all my bones are laughing.

I am so well, I am so well,
That all my bones are laughing.
My collie chases balls for me;
My kitten climbs the apple tree
And 'there's a turtle- don't you see?
That's why my bones, are laughing.

If I should some time' grow quite old
Would all my bones be laughing?
My daddy's old- he's twenty-five.
He can do everything-and drive
When I'm that old- if I'm alive,
Will all my bones be laughing?

ALICE CARTER COOK.

No comments:

Post a Comment