Tuesday, May 14, 2013

AMERICA


My country, 'tis of thee,
Sweet land of liberty,
Of thee I sing;
Land where my fathers died,
Land of the pilgrims' pride;
From every mountainside
Let freedom ring.

My native country thee,
Land of the noble free,-
Thy name I love;
I love thy rocks and rills,
Thy woods and templed hills;
My heart with rapture thrills
       Like that above.

Let music swell the breeze,
And ring from all the trees
        Sweet freedom's song;
Let mortal tongues awake,
Let all that breathe partake,
Let rocks their silence break­-
       The sound prolong.

Our fathers' God! to Thee,
Author of liberty,
            To Thee we sing;
Long may our land be bright
With freedom's holy light;
Protect us by Thy might,
            Great God, our King!
                        S. F. Smith, LL.D

No comments:

Post a Comment