Monday, August 11, 2014

THE ANCIENT LANGUAGE OF THE FAN (taken from a scrapbook 180 years old)

Carrying the fan in right hand front of face…….Follow me.
 Carrying in left hand front of face. . ………..…Desirous of acquaint­ance.
 Placing it on left ear. . . . . . . . . . . ………………I wish to get rid of you.
Drawing across forehead………………………..You have changed.
Twirling in left hand....... …………………... .. We are watched.
Carrying in right hand. . . . ………………. . . . . You are too willing.
Drawing through the hand............. …………..I hate you.
Twirling in the right hand…………… . . . . . .I love another.
Drawing across the cheek. . . . . . . . ………… I love you.
Presented shut. …………………..……….…Do you love me?
Drawing across the eyes......... ………………I am sorry.
Closing it....................................... ………….I wish to speak to you.
Letting it rest on right cheek......... ………….Yes.
Letting it rest on left cheek........ …………..No.
Open and shut. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ………..You are cruel.
Dropping it…………………………………. We will be friends
Fanning slowly. . . . … . . ……………….. . . .I am married.
 Fanning quickly. . . . …………… .. . .. .. . . ..I am engaged.
With handle to lips. …………………….... . .Kiss me.
Opening wide …………………….…………Wait for me

No comments:

Post a Comment