Tuesday, May 14, 2013

THE BROKEN PINION


I walked through the woodland meadows.
            Where sweet the thrushes sing;
And I found on a bed of mosses
            A bird with a broken wing.
I healed its wound. and each morning
            I t sang its old sweet strain.
But the bird with the broken pinion
            Never soared as high again.

I found a young life broken
By sin's seductive art;
 And. touched with a Christ-like pity, ,
    I took him to my heart.
He lived with a noble purpose
            And struggled not in vain;
But the life that sin had stricken
Never soared as high again.

But the bird with the broken pinion
            Kept another from the snare;
And the life that sin had stricken
            Raised another from despair.
Each loss has its compensation.
            There is healing for every pain;
But the bird with a broken pinion
            Never soars as high again.
                        Hezekiah Butterworth.

No comments:

Post a Comment